Welcome to CNM – The College of Naturopathic Medicine
The College of Naturopathic Medicine is Ireland’s largest and longest established training provider for Nutrition Courses, Herbal Medicine Courses and Acupuncture Courses with colleges in Dublin, Cork and Galway. CNM has additional colleges throughout the UK, South Africa and USA.
Our goal is to offer courses with a holistic naturopathic approach and focus on practical applications. CNM courses have been carefully designed to incorporate scientific understanding of the human body with traditional, natural methods of healthcare.
Our courses focus on the application of the primary principles of naturopathic medicine:
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae – The healing power of nature. There is a ‘vital force’ or ‘life force’ which given the right conditions, will self-heal or self-correct.
- Prevention is preferable to cure.
- The root (underlying cause) of dysfunction is identified and treated, not symptoms.
- The whole person is treated – physically and emotionally.
- Health is much greater than just absence of infirmity – it should be abundant vitality.
- The person is treated, not the disease, and each individual is unique and responds in a different way.
We believe that knowledge comes from practice. Therefore, all our courses have been designed to include both informative lectures and practice sessions. This provides students with a unique opportunity to begin applying their newfound knowledge immediately, helping to cement his/her learning and to encourage application in a real-life, practical situation.
Surveys have shown that 80% of our Graduates are practicing.
- To provide thorough, practice-orientated training in natural therapies such as Nutrition, Herbal Medicine, Acupuncture, and Naturopathy.
- To train students to become highly competent, successful practitioners.
- To make sure CNM courses are widely recognised and respected in Ireland, Europe, and internationally.
- To continuously raise the profile of natural therapies in society.
- To support and promote CNM graduates after qualification.