Welcome to CNM – The College of Naturopathic Medicine
Our goal is to offer courses with a holistic naturopathic approach and focus on practical applications. CNM courses have been carefully designed to incorporate scientific understanding of the human body with traditional, natural methods of healthcare.
Our courses focus on the application of the primary principles of naturopathic medicine:
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae – The healing power of nature. There is a ‘vital force’ or ‘life force’ which given the right conditions, will self-heal or self-correct.
- Prevention is preferable to cure.
- The root (underlying cause) of dysfunction is identified and treated, not symptoms.
- The whole person is treated – physically and emotionally.
- Health is much greater than just absence of infirmity – it should be abundant vitality.
- The person is treated, not the disease, and each individual is unique and responds in a different way.
Surveys have shown that 80% of our Graduates are practicing.
- To provide thorough, practice-orientated training.
- To train students to become highly competent, successful practitioners.
- To make sure CNM’s courses are widely recognised and respected.
- To continuously raise the profile of natural therapies in society.
- To support and promote CNM graduates after their qualification.