Herbs for Everyday Living Online
What is Herbs for Everyday Living Online?
This is an introduction to Western herbal medicine and naturopathic tradition. Students will gain a better understanding of the most common and exciting everyday herbs to use as medicines and foods. This course gives you this knowledge in order to make herbs accessible and uncomplicated.
Herbs can be used in the kitchen as food or to promote the self-healing mechanism of the body. The course provides an understanding of how everyday herbs can be used to support the health of the whole family.
This online Short Course consists of filmed lectures, lecture materials and online assessment and teaches you how to form herbal, naturopathic and nutritional advice for common ailments and conditions.
Who should take this course?
Our online Short Courses are suited to those who require the flexibility to study at times that suit them and will not impact their family or work commitments. These online Short Courses are also a solution for those who are not UK and Ireland based and are unable to attend our in-person classes.
As an introductory level course, we welcome anyone with an interest in herbs and plants, whether a long-term passion, or a new curiosity. There are no prerequisites to study.
What you will learn
- Build your own reference library on common herbs and their safe usage
- Gain a deeper understanding of the therapeutic qualities of kitchen herbs
- In-class demonstrations: How to make your own herbal preparations
- Learn how to make your own herbal first-aid kit
- Use herbs to optimise energy, sleep and mood
- Herbal remedies for common illnesses and ailments
- Detoxification and safe cleansing for vital organs and systems
CNM Completion in Herbs for Everyday Living